- (All students who wish to submit an essay for the competition must register their essay online here before submission can be done. Please refer to the introduction for the registration period.
- All entries successfully registered will be issued a username and password which can be used to submit their essays online.
- All submitted essays must be accompanied by a registration fee, failing to do so will result in the disqualification of the entry.
- Teachers from schools submitting multiple entries can make payment for all the essays together.
- Essays should be submitted online (link to be announce later). Please refer to the introduction for the period of online submission and the deadline for completing payment.
- Late submissions will not be accepted except under special circumstances.
- Essays submitted will be evaluated by a panel of judges made up of mathematicians and school teachers.
- There are 3 judging criteria:
- Creativity and Novelty – freshness of ideas and novelty of applications in real-world contexts related to the theme
- Mathematics Content and Rigor – correctness and level of sophistication of the mathematical content
- Language and Style – fluency of argument, good use of language, and a coherent flow of ideas
- Each member of the panel of judges should not be involved in any supervision of any student’s writing of the essay.
- Decisions made by the panel of judges shall be final.